Starting to feel the February blues and need a pick-me up? Have no fear, wine is here! February has many wine events lined up, especially this week with Valentine’s Day on Thursday.
- Lafayette, Ind. wine bar Uncorked is offering a seven-course Valentine’s Day dinner.
- Chateau Thomas Winery, located on Indianapolis’s south side, is hosting their annual four-course dinner and wine Valentine’s dinner.
- Whyte Horse Winery in Monticello, Ind. is hosting one of their special Winemaker’s Table events, helping wine lovers learn to pair their wines with food. Chef Lewis Hites will be helping guests select pairings.
- Main Street Wine and Cheese is hosting a special event. According to owner Ivan Brumbaugh, the “Crawfish Boil” involves businesses all up and down Main Street in Lafayette, and his business will be open all day. In addition to having his restaurant open, he will also open up his attached wine bar for special tastings.
- Indian Creek winery, located in Georgetown, Ind., is offering a free wine and chocolate fondue tasting.
- Chateau de Pique in Seymour, Ind. is offering special tastings and tours at their three locations.
- Monkey Hollow Winery is offering a special that pairs chocolates with selections of their wines, and are debuting this year’s Strawberry and Blueberry wines.
- Until Feb. 17, Oliver Winery is offering 25 percent off on any online shipping orders.
- Oak Hill Winery, in Converse, Ind., is holding a free seminar, “Appreciating Wine 101,” for those who want to understand wine terminology, wine labels, and types of wine.