Summer is a great time of the year. Picture this: warmer temperatures, sun shining up above, a light breeze and a cold drink. Why not make that drink a glass of wine? Here’s some upcoming wine events to consider:
- April 27 – 11th Annual Indiana Wine Fair. Enjoy this Saturday event at Story Inn in Nashville, Ind. For $20 at the gate, you can enjoy a day full of wine, food, music and fun. If you’re the designated driver for your group, it’s only $10. Rain or shine, a number of Indiana wineries will be on hand to display their best wines, offer tastings and answer questions.
- May 10 – Around the World in 80 Sips: Chicago. Join other wine lovers at the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art and discover new wines from around the world with 80+ unlimited 1 oz tastings accompanied by light appetizers. General admission is $75 per person.
- May 11 – Taste of Spring. For $20, enjoy a wine experience with music from Rusty Bladen and Josh Powers, art from the locals and a souvenir wine glass at the Olge Haus Inn located in Vevay, Ind.
- May 18 – Wine-A-Rita Night. Join folks at Whyte Horse Winery in Monticello, Ind. for a Jimmy Buffet-themed night of fun. I’m not exactly sure what a wine-a-rita is, but it sure sounds interesting!
- June 1 – Vintage Indiana. The 14th annual Vintage Indiana is sure to be a festival of wine, food and fun. Taste wines from Indiana wineries, enjoy some culinary delights and tap your foot to music at this event in Military Park, Indianapolis. Tickets are $22 in advance or $25 at the gate for adults, $5 for those ages 6-20 and free for children ages 5 and under. Designated drivers are $10. Buy tickets online now or at Marsh Supermarkets starting May 1.
- Visit local wineries and check out their new and old wines. Check out more Indiana wineries and events. Or look for wine events in your area.
This week is the last official week for my COM497 new media class, which means I’ll be winding down on my wine blog posts. But I may pop up and post some things this summer, so stay tuned for those. And enjoy some wine today! I plan to. 🙂